Welcome To Support Community

Pipeline Pilot and BIOVIA Foundation

Advanced Search
Ask Search:
qwqqwq 

Getting an error message "Unable to start Excel. Please confirm that Excel is installed, or set WhenFinished to something other than ShowStatisticsTable"

Hi, While using "Learn Property" component, I am getting the below mentioned error. Upon tracing the original reason, I can see a Excel viewver is being used in the "Learn property" Component. I am not sure why Pipeline pilot is not able to use MS excel installed on my machine. Can you help??

Error Stack;

Unable to start Excel. Please confirm that Excel is installed, or set WhenFinished to something other than ShowStatisticsTable"
CEvaluateExpression::onProcess: Pipeline Pilot exception rethrown
-> 'Custom Manipulator (PilotScript)' ('Halt with error'); Location: 0:3 - error during Data Record Processing phase
CProtocolStd::onProcess: Pipeline Pilot exception rethrown
CProtocol::onProcess: Pipeline Pilot exception rethrown
-> 'Learn Property' ('Learn Property'); Location: 0 - error during Data Record Processing phase
CProtocolStd::onProcess: Pipeline Pilot exception rethrown
CProtocol::onProcess: Pipeline Pilot exception rethrown
CComponentRunner::CallOnProcess: exception caught, calling onFinalize before rethrow
Protocol Weighted Regression with Error Bars and Domain Info, user AAA: Pipeline Pilot exception caught
Protocol Weighted Regression with Error Bars and Domain Info, user AAA: Protocol failed: Pipeline Pilot error
Pipeline Pilot Server version 16.1.1.9
Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
NamadevNamadev (BIOVIA) 
HI, 
The error probably indicate that the 'Excel Viewer' component unable to open the Excel (64 bit version) based on your other posting. The workaround is to add the 'Run Program (On Server)'  and disable the 'Run Excel' component within 'Excel Viewer'. Pl. replace the 'Excel Viewer' with the modified version of 'Excel Viewer'.