Welcome To Support Community

Pipeline Pilot

Advanced Search
Ask Search:
Leela214Leela214 

concatenating cells from different row

User-added image
I would like to copy these two files into another folder so I need to enter Source information in the 'Copy File' component.
My thought was to create a global variable (@files) that = path from row1, path from row2.
Then, I could use the @files in the Source parameter in the 'Copy File' component. 
But, I don't know how to concatenate cells from different rows. Also, there might not always be two files. It could be just one or many. How do I write a loop that could take this into consideration (concatenate if more than one files)?

Sorry about the all the questions that I've been leaving in the forum. Will appreciate any input!
Best Answer chosen by Leela214
NamadevNamadev (BIOVIA) 
HI 
   Copy File component does not accept multiple source files. Only possible option is to create properties for source (eg 'path') and destination (eg 'DesFile') parameters. Then right click on source/destination parameters on the 'Copy File' component  and select 'Initialize Using' ->Data Property. Add the name of the property and then select 'Reinitialize for each data'. This will copy the file to the destination from each data record. Pl. see the attached example protocol. 

Best Regards,
Baskaran

All Answers

Leela214Leela214
Additional question:  How can I index each record to their own dataset. Count and Index component can't specify additional information. Is there other way to do this? I've been looking at Pipeline Pilot guide for looping but I still don't have clue. Will appreciate any input. Thanks for reading this post!

Example:

Source  variable  index

File1      aaaa         1

File1      bbb          2

File1      cccc          3

File2      dddd       1              (start from 1 again)

File2     aaaa         2

NamadevNamadev (BIOVIA) 
HI 
   Copy File component does not accept multiple source files. Only possible option is to create properties for source (eg 'path') and destination (eg 'DesFile') parameters. Then right click on source/destination parameters on the 'Copy File' component  and select 'Initialize Using' ->Data Property. Add the name of the property and then select 'Reinitialize for each data'. This will copy the file to the destination from each data record. Pl. see the attached example protocol. 

Best Regards,
Baskaran
This was selected as the best answer
NamadevNamadev (BIOVIA) 
HI 
   I added  example protocol to the response and I am uploading the file again. 

Best Regards,
Baskaran 
Leela214Leela214
Hi Namadev,

Thank you for the help! It worked! There is so much I don't know about Pipeline Pilot. I really appreciate your effort to help me solve this issue.

Would you also happen to know how to index each records according to their files? It's the question right before your answer to the Copy File component.

Thanks so much!
NamadevNamadev (BIOVIA) 
HI 
One possible way to do the index for your data is to use merge data based on category (eg File) and then use subprotocol (runtime -> RunToCompletion (Select ->True - For Each Category). Within the subprotocol use the ummerge/index. Pl. find the example protocol attached here.

Best Regards,
Baskaran
Leela214Leela214
Hi Namadev,

You are probably receiving many email about my reply. I have another question. I'm sorry the questions just keep coming. Is there way to stop second pipeline from being processed if no records are coming out from the first pipeline?  It worked great when there were records coming out the fail port from the first pipeline. But, the protocol crashed when no records came out of the fail port, which mean the second pipeline doesn't need to be processed. Please feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you for taking time to read this post!User-added image

Thank you for solving the indexing question! It really worked great!