The next generation of BIOVIA User Communities - FAQ

• June 19, 2018
  • ·

Information

Article Number

Title

The next generation of BIOVIA User Communities - FAQ

Description

Welcome to the new home of the BIOVIA User Communities. Thank you for making the move with us!
The BIOVIA User Communities are now hosted by the Dassault Systѐmes 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, allowing you to connect with your peers, other like-minded professionals and Dassault Systѐmes employees from around the globe.

There are three public BIOVIA User Communities: BIOVIA Materials Studio, BIOVIA Discovery Studio, and BIOVIA Pipeline Pilot. As the BIOVIA User Communities are public forums, by simply logging with your 3DPassport (see FAQ section for details) you will be automatically set as a contributor member of the three communities. You can

• View and search the content on the three BIOVIA User Communities (including historical posts from the previous BIOVIA communities)
  • Access all public Dassault Systѐmes User Communities, including 3DSwym Communities from SIMULIA, CATIA…
  • Reply to all entries in the three BIOVIA communities
  • Communicate with colleagues via the 3DMessaging application
  • Create four kinds of content in the communities: questions, ideas, surveys and wikis
  • Questions allow you to ask questions to all the members of a given community and receive collaborative replies
  • Ideas are a starting point to create and innovate by sharing the knowledge of the community members. Ideas go beyond posts, as they can be assessed by other users and different status levels can be applied before obtaining a final community validation
  • Wiki pages are designed to share knowledge and keep shared content updated. A modification history is available on any edited page. Wikis can be used as a:
    • knowledge base to keep track of a list of links or research papers
    • terminology or glossary database to be used in specific projects
  • Surveys let you gather information via a questionnaire that can be answered by any member of the community
To get the most out of the communities, you can upgrade your membership from contributor to author by clicking on the link “become an author” on left hand side of the Community homepage. Being an author will allow you to create posts
  • Posts are blog articles that you can edit using the rich text editor. You can categorize and also enrich it by adding different types of media like images, videos, audio files, 3D Models, documents, and drawings.
This wiki in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform provides a comprehensive overview of Dassault Systèmes communities. Only have 5-min? See below our top recommendations to make the most of the new BIOVIA user communities

Frequently Asked Questions

Why the change now?
The new BIOVIA User Communities hosted in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform brings a modern and mobile-friendly look-and-feel to the community experience, one that is easy to interact with, and that is part of the same environment BIOVIA applications will be deployed in over time.

What username and password should I use to access the new BIOVIA User Communities?
  • If you have received an email from Dassault Systѐmes with login details to the new BIOVIA User Communities then proceed with the instructions provided in the email.
  • If you are a current BIOVIA customer, a 3DPassport will have already been created for you. Follow the link to the BIOVIA Community you want to visit, enter your professional email and reset your password.
  • If you are a new user and never have logged into the previous or new BIOVIA Community, then follow the link to the BIOVIA Community you want to visit. There you will be prompted to create an account and that will constitute your 3DSPassport. We strongly recommend you use your professional email address in order to have a more unified experience across our different services.

Do I need a different login and password for each of the new BIOVIA user communities?
No. Your 3DPassport enables you access to the 3DSEXPERIENCE Platform where the three new BIOVIA user communities are hosted.

How do I become an author?
As a community member, you are granted a specific role that provides you with a different level of access. The BIOVIA User Communities are public. By simply logging with your 3DPassport into the Dassault Systèmes User Communities, you are automatically set as a contributor member of the three user communities.
See here how you can become an author.

How can I select the kind of content I can create?
Locate the empty content box at the top of the community’s timeline. Click the icon in the top left of the box and select the kind of content from the dropdown menu. The options available to you will depend on your membership (contributor, author) and the community settings.

User-added image

What’s 3DMessaging?
3DMessaging enables instant communication in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. With 3DMessaging you can
  • Instantly collaborate and share ideas with your team
  • Change your status in two clicks
  • Perform chatting and screen exchanges
   User-added image

How do I update my profile?
Watch the 1-min video Update your profile.

Can I change my language preferences?
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is available in the following languages:
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Japanese
  • Chinese
Here we explain how to change your language preferences.

How do I attach a protocol to my post?
Not all file formats can be attached directly to a post. To attach a file in a format that is not supported (e.g. .ppxml, .dsv, .stp) first compress the file(s) to a ZIP archive.

How do I receive digests from the communities?
To subscribe to a daily digest email from the BIOVIA user communities contact BIOVIA Support.

How do I report a problem with the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform?
Submit your question in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform User's community.

Resolution

n/a

Article Stats

Article Type

Knowledge_Articles__kav

Last Published Date

Tue Jun 19 20:32:29 GMT 2018

Article Attachments

Attach File

Attach File1

Attach File2

Attach File3