Welcome To Support Community

Materials Studio

Advanced Search
Ask Search:
z1754736z1754736 

"Failed to create document" error in CASTEP Analysis

Hi,

I am trying to view the thermodynamic properties of a completed job (CASTEP > Analysis > View Thermodynamic Properties) and I am receiving the error "Failed to create document." I have never encountered this error before, and running the analysis on a different .castep file from a different job works fine as usual.

Any suggestions? Restarting Materials Studio did not resolve the issue.

Thank you.
CarstenCarsten (Accelrys) 
Which Materials Studio version do you use?
Which Windows version do you run exactly (version (e.g. Vista, name (e.g. Professional), 32/64bit, service pack, language, Remark: Windows 7 would not be a proper answer. Please read the question.)?

Did you do the run from the command line or via the gateway?

z1754736z1754736
Hi Carsten,

I apologize for the delayed response. I couldn't answer your questions earlier because I haven't had the chance to get back to the project until now. 

The computer is running Windows 7 64-bit. There is no service pack information that I could find (searched winver, etc.) so my guess is there is no service pack installed. The software version is Materials Studio 6.0. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

My initial thoughts were that the thermodynamic properties could not be shown due to negative/imaginary frequencies, but they are all positive. I checked again and the "Failed to create document" error is still present.

Thank you for your time and help!

z1754736z1754736
Also, it's being run directly through Materials Studio toolbar via Modules > Castep > Analysis. Other completed jobs don't have this issue for some reason.
CarstenCarsten (Accelrys) 
Which Windows 7 version is this exactly?
z1754736z1754736
The system is running Windows 7 Home Premium (Version 6.1).