Welcome To Support Community

Community Support

Advanced Search
Ask Search:
Sebastien LombardiSebastien Lombardi 

Form protocol and Insight for Excel - Listbox

Hello,

We have a work protocol and a form protocol.
In the form, there is a listbox with multiple selection allowed.

This protocol is used in Insight for Excel.

The problem is that if we select multiple lines in the listbox, then only the 1st one is get.
User-added image

User-added image

For info, if we add a submit button, then all selected values are get.
User-added image

User-added image

We have a similar problem with radio buttons. With Insight for Excel, whatever the selected value, it is always the last value which is get. Whereas it is working well with a submit button.

Is there a specific configuration to be done in the protocol ?

Thanks,
Sebastien.

Best Answer chosen by Sebastien Lombardi
KristerKrister (Symyx Technologies, Inc.) 
Please take a look at the attached example Form and Work protocols. I have added some JavaScript to the Form protocol that loops over the List Box Items and I think this should work in pre-2017 R2 versions as well.

Please note that I have not been able to test this on the 2016 release but I'm pretty sure this is how I used to do it in the past.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

All Answers

Hello Sebastien,

This is the Community Support Topic which is for information and questions around using the BIOVIA Community and reporting a website problem or suggestion (e.g. broken link(s), information unclear, missing or incorrect). For the future, please post product related questions under the appropriate Product Topic, in this case under the "Insight" Topic.

I tested this with BIOVIA Insight for Excel 2017 R2 and was not able to reproduce the problem. If I have a multi-select list box, all selected items comes over to the work protocol as an array of strings:

User-added image

User-added image

Note that some changes were made in release 2017 R2 to how custom input form values are collected to better match the collection method used in Web Port (ESDX-3229). If you have an older version, maybe this is why you get a different result? If you could let me know what version of PP and Insight for Excel you use, I will try to test with the same version. If you could provide your test protocol, that would also be helpful.
Hello Krister,

Sorry for the wrong topic, I will post it correclty next time.

So, we have BIOVIA Insight for Excel 2016.
This is version 16.1.0.1253.

In attachment, you will find a zip with 2 xml :
 - test_slo.xml, which is the work protocol (only a 'get protocol parameters' component and a HTML viewer)
 - Test Report Form.xml

For info, we have the Pipeline Pilot Client 16.5.0.143, and Pipeline Pilot Server 17.1.0.115.

Thanks,
Sebastien.
I can see the attachment now, not sure what happened. I will take a look and come back once I have done some tests.
This is the result I get with your protocol using 2017 R2:

User-added image
I will look into what is required to make this work in version 2016. It might take a while as I need to setup a 2016 server as well.
Thanks for these infos.

I will look if we can upgrade our installation, and I will let you know.

Regards,
Sebastien.
Please take a look at the attached example Form and Work protocols. I have added some JavaScript to the Form protocol that loops over the List Box Items and I think this should work in pre-2017 R2 versions as well.

Please note that I have not been able to test this on the 2016 release but I'm pretty sure this is how I used to do it in the past.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Krister!
I confirm that it is working with our installation.

Regards,
Sebastien.